What is textile softener and its application?
1. The role of softener
1. Supplement the natural oils lost by natural fibers in scouring and bleaching processes, making the hand feel more ideal.
2. Attach to natural fiber or synthetic fiber to improve smoothness and strength, and improve hand feeling.
3. Improve the wearability of the fabric through some characteristics of the softener.
In order to achieve some of the above effects, softeners are generally grease-like smoothness and feel substances, attached to the surface of the fiber can reduce the frictional resistance between the fibers, and make the fibers lubricate and soft. There are also some softeners that can cross-link with some reactive groups on the fiber to achieve the purpose of washing durability.
2. Requirements of softener
1. Under various soft processing conditions, the working fluid should be very stable.
2. Does not reduce the whiteness and color fastness of fibers or fabrics.
3. The softened fiber or fabric is not easy to be discolored by heat, and there should be no changes in color, feel, or odor during storage.
4. If the softener is emulsion, its emulsion stability is better.
5. According to different processing requirements, it can have proper water absorption or water repellency, anti-static properties and other properties (should be selected according to the different requirements of the fabric). It is resistant to washing or dry cleaning.
6. There is no adverse effect after human skin contact.
Due to the wide variety of textiles, different fibers used, different fabric specifications, different fabric uses, and different finishing requirements, the selection of softeners cannot be generalized. Based on the softening mechanism and functions of various softeners, choose the one that meets the requirements. Softener. In addition, the performance of each softener is always limited. To obtain multiple performance effects, two or more softeners can be used in combination (or compounded into a new softener product). ). For example, the combined application of silicone softener and long-chain aliphatic softener can achieve a better effect of soft, plump and smooth hand feeling. It can also combine the application of softener with mechanical softening and often obtain good results. Effect.