The chemical name of polyester is polyester fiber, which is widely used in the textile market, and more and more people like polyester fabrics for clothing. But whether polyester fabrics are good or not, what are the advantages and disadvantages? Such a problem can still make many people confused. Today, the fabric class will give you an analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of polyester fabrics, so that everyone has a deeper understanding of polyester fabrics.
Polyester is one of our more commonly used clothing fabrics. Its chemical name is polyester fiber. It is often used in the production of outerwear, shirts and windbreakers.
Classification of polyester fabrics
Polyester fabrics are mainly divided into two categories, namely polyester staple fiber fabrics and polyester filament fabrics.
Polyester fabric characteristics
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and good elasticity, so the fabric has a strong recovery ability.
2. Heat resistance is also a major feature of polyester fabrics, so polyester is often used to make pleated skirts.
3. Polyester fabric has good light resistance, and is not inferior to natural fiber fabrics, and it is not easy to damage after exposure.
4. Polyester fabric is resistant to insects and chemical corrosion, so there is no need to deliberately choose a certain type of laundry detergent when washing.
Uses and purchase methods of polyester fabrics
Everyone knows that polyester fabrics are mainly used in the field of clothing. In fact, polyester is also gradually playing its role in the industrial field. For example, building interiors and vehicle interiors all choose polyester fabrics.
Purchase by way of latitude and longitude
1. Warp knitting and weft knitting are two ways of knitting polyester fabrics. The main difference is that the extensibility is different. If you want to buy clothes with various styles, we recommend weft knitting, because weft knitting fabrics generally have a variety of colored yarns.
2. The warp knitted polyester fabric is wear-resistant and less pilling. It is more suitable for making pants and skirts.
Advantages of polyester fabric
1. Polyester is a high-strength fiber. The short fiber strength is between 2.6 and 5.7 cN/dtex, and the high-strength fiber is between 5.6 and 8.0 cN/dtex. How high is the strength? Simply put, it will be about 20 times higher than viscose fiber.
2. Super elasticity is another advantage of polyester fabrics. The elasticity is equivalent to that of wool. Polyester can be restored quickly after folding or kneading. No wrinkles will be left. Few fabrics have such high elasticity.
3. The heat resistance of polyester is the best among chemical fiber fabrics, and it also has good plasticity. It is suitable for the production of pleated skirts and can maintain the pleated well without excessive ironing.
4. The light resistance is not bad, and the light resistance degree exceeds that of natural fibers. The high light resistance allows the polyester fabric to be exposed to the sun.
5. The chemical properties are stable, and it is not easy to be corroded by acid or alkali. If the clothes are dirty, they can be cleaned with bleaching agent. Even in a humid environment, the polyester fabric is not easy to mildew.
Disadvantages of polyester fabric
1. Polyester fabrics are not easy to dye, which brings some troubles to fabric dyeing manufacturers.
2. The solvent resistance is poor, and it is easy to break holes when spraying soot sparks and other substances, so try to avoid activities in such occasions.
3. Because of the poor hygroscopicity, polyester clothes are usually more stuffy when worn.
4. Polyester is an artificial synthetic fiber, and it is difficult for synthetic fibers to avoid the problem of pilling.