What is sodium sulfate and its application?
Sodium sulfate is a salt formed by the combination of sulfate and sodium ions. Its chemical formula is Na2SO4. Sodium sulfate is soluble in water. Most of its solutions are neutral, soluble in glycerin but not in ethanol. Inorganic compounds, high-purity, fine-grained anhydrous substances are called sodium sulfate. Yuanming powder, white, odorless, bitter crystal or powder, with hygroscopicity. The appearance is colorless, transparent, large crystals or small granular crystals. Sodium sulfate is easy to absorb water when exposed to the air, forming sodium sulfate decahydrate, also known as Glauber's salt, which is slightly alkaline. Mainly used in the manufacture of water glass, glass, enamel, pulp, refrigerant mixture, detergent, desiccant, dye diluent, analytical chemical reagent, medicine, feed, etc. At 241°C, sodium sulfate will transform into hexagonal crystals. Sodium sulfate is the most commonly used post-treatment desiccant in organic synthesis laboratories. Upstream raw materials include sulfuric acid, caustic soda, etc.
Main purpose editing Voice
1. Used in the chemical industry to manufacture sodium sulfide sodium silicate water glass and other chemical products.
2. In the paper industry, it is used as a cooking agent in the manufacture of sulphate pulp.
3. The glass industry is used to replace soda ash as a co-solvent.
4. In the textile industry, it is used to formulate vinylon spinning coagulant.
5. Used in non-ferrous metal metallurgy, leather, etc.
6. Used to make sodium sulfide, paper pulp, glass, water glass, enamel, and also used as a laxative and antidote for barium salt poisoning. It is a by-product of the production of hydrochloric acid from table salt and sulfuric acid. Chemically used to make sodium sulfide, sodium silicate, etc. The laboratory is used to wash away the barium salt. Industrially used as raw materials for preparing NaOH and H2SO4, and also used in papermaking, glass, printing and dyeing, synthetic fibers, leather making, etc. Sodium sulfate is the most commonly used post-treatment desiccant in organic synthesis laboratories.
7. Mainly used as a filler for synthetic detergents. The paper industry is used as a cooking agent in the manufacture of kraft pulp. The glass industry is used to replace soda ash. The chemical industry is used as a raw material for the manufacture of sodium sulfide, sodium silicate and other chemical products. The textile industry is used to prepare vinylon spinning coagulation bath. Used as a laxative in the pharmaceutical industry. It is also used in non-ferrous metallurgy and leather.
8. The hydration product calcium sulfoaluminate is produced faster, thereby accelerating the hydration and hardening speed of cement. The content of sodium sulfate is generally 0.5% to 2% of the cement quality, which can increase the early strength of concrete by 50% to 100%. The 28-day strength sometimes increases, sometimes decreases, and the increase rate is about 10%, depending on the type of cement and curing conditions. And its content varies. It is also used as a filler for synthetic detergents, and is also used in the paper industry, glass industry, chemical industry, textile industry and pharmaceutical industry.
9. Used as an analytical reagent, such as a dehydrating agent, a digestion catalyst for nitrogen determination, and an interference inhibitor in atomic absorption spectroscopy. It is also used in the pharmaceutical industry.
10. Used in the chemical, paper and glass, dye, printing and dyeing and pharmaceutical industries. It is also used in the manufacture of synthetic fibers, leather, non-ferrous metallurgy, enamel, etc. It is also used as an additive in detergents and soaps.
11. It can be used as a buffer in sulfate zinc plating to stabilize the pH value of the plating solution.